Monday, June 9, 2008

When Women Fight

If you got curious about the statement entitled "When Women Fight", in the right column just below the slide show, let me tell you that I am not the author. I have found the thought in the Κινημα: Gladiatrix! site and considered it quite interesting. This site is open to debates about the role and meaning of female fights in the movies. I think I can extend that to all types of media: art, photos, sculptures, videos and other forms of representation.

The comment quoted here in the blog has come from a woman, Catherine Colegrove, who wrote a paper on the subject of female fighting for a panel held this year in Chicago.

And a coincidence: one of the papers on the site analyzes the female gladiators of "The Arena" movie, whose star, Pam Grier, has been a theme of an entry in this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment