Thursday, February 26, 2015

Time For A Change...

Good things eventually fade out and we should cope with inevitably changes. Three days ago I got a letter from Blogger, the host of this Blog, saying among other things:

"In the coming weeks, we'll no longer allow blogs that contain sexually explicit or graphic nude images or video. We'll still allow nudity presented in artistic, educational, documentary, or scientific contexts, or where there are other substantial benefits to the public from not taking action on the content.

The new policy will go into effect on the 23rd of March 2015. After this policy goes into effect, Google will restrict access to any blog identified as being in violation of our revised policy. No content will be deleted, but only blog authors and those with whom they have expressly shared the blog will be able to see the content we've made private. Our records indicate that your account may be affected by this policy change."

It is a pity but I don´t see a better option than accepting changing the Female Fight Theater to a private blog. Other robust venues like WordPress also check adult content and I guess I would not be welcome there as well.

Being so, for the ones interested in reading and watching my posts in the future, it will be necessary a Google account that will be used to sign in the blog. Just send a message to astrogalo@gmail.com, using your gmail address, saying you are interested. I will do my best to include your request but I cannot guarantee there will be space (technically) to everybody in the Blogger invites list (well, I have no idea about how many people will show up...). 

In principle, I intend to change to private mode on March 21st: until there, publishing here will be as usual, every Monday. I will go back to this subject in the following days, but that is it for the moment.


.


6 comments:

  1. You see where this is going folks. More regulations, and Gov't control.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you mean "More regulations, and GOOGLE control" xD

      Delete
    2. The way I see it, what's the difference. Gov't already controls Google.

      Delete
  2. There are two modes of wordpress - the one you are referring to is "wordpress.com" which is similar to blogger.

    Have you considered having your own domain/site using the wordpress CMS? Its easy to set up and maintain, you have total control and ownership of it - and no one can restrict you from publishing whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, Wordpress offers a separate Content Mgmt Service. The trouble is any decent hosting provider charges for the service and that is beyond my plans.
      Thanks for helping.

      Delete
  3. No worries anymore my friend. Google backed off from this threat due to public backlash. As long as you keep you "adult content" page on, you'll be fine. You can google it. Is's all over the news.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete